It shall have the following aims and objectives:
- to support and strengthen literary activities across the wider community..
- to foster an interest in literature as a form of artistic expression beyond linguistic boundaries.
- to help acquaint the community at large with the aims and values of comparative literature studies, and to help place young scholars in academic
positions where they may be effective as teachers and scholar-critics. In order to achieve these goals the Forum will:
- hold meetings for the purpose of presenting and discussing studies in comparative literature
- cooperate with other organizations interested in the attainment of these objectives.
- to encourage or to arrange translations of literary works from Urdu language into English and vice-versa.
- to publish or to assist associations and individuals in publishing literary works including bibliographies, dictionaries, basic vocabularies etc. in Urdu language.
- to sponsor or to hold literary conferences, seminars and exhibitions in Australia.
- to award prizes and distinctions and give recognition to individual writers for outstanding work.
- to promote the teaching and study of Urdu language and literature in Australia.
- to promote cultural exchanges with other countries and to establish relations with international organisations in the field of literature.
- to do all other acts and things whether incidental to powers aforesaid or not as may be required in order to further its objects.
- The Forum is a non-political and non-religious organization.
- The Forum is open to members from all nations, but it is based in Adelaide and its constitution is written in accordance with the law of Commonwealth of Australia.