TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Upon joining the Pakistan-Australia Literary Forum (PALF) Incorporated, you agree with the following terms and conditions:
- PALF is a registered forum as a non-profit organisation (number A42573) under South Australia Associations Incorporation Act 1985 Section 20(1) with the Corporate Affairs Commission Adelaide.
- The governing document of the Forum is its constitution, as amended from time to time by General Meetings of the Forum. If there is a conflict between this document and the constitution then the constitution takes precedence.
- Membership of the Forum is subject to receipt by the Forum of the correct membership fee. The 12 months membership will run from the date of receipt of payment until the end of that month in the following year (for example if payment is received on 1 July 2015 then the membership will run from 1 July 2015 until 30 June 2016).
- If membership is renewed within 6 months from the last day of membership then it will be back dated to the day following the last day of membership unless the person concerned explicitly requests that membership be restarted from the date payment is received. (for example if the last day of membership was 1 July 2015 and payment for 12 months membership is received on 8 September 2015 then the payment will be treated as payment for the period 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016).
- The subscription fees for membership shall be $50 for executive members and $20 for general members per annum.
- The Management Committee may, by resolution passed at a meeting thereof, terminate or suspend the membership of any member, if in its opinion their conduct is prejudicial to the interests and objects of the Forum, PROVIDED THAT the individual member shall have the right to be heard by the executive board before the final decision is made. There shall be a right of appeal to an independent arbitrator appointed by mutual agreement.
- General Membership of the Forum shall be opened to anyone who is interested in helping the Forum to achieve its aims & objectives and willing to abide by the rules of the Forum.
- Members with a sound background in literary activities shall be known as executive members and are eligible to hold a post in the forum and to participate in the decision making processes.
- Every member shall have one vote at general meetings.
- The Management Committee shall have the power to refuse membership to an applicant, where it is considered such membership would be detrimental to the aims, purposes or activities of the Forum.